What is Carbon Monoxide or CO?
CO is a commonly found, insidious & deadly poisonous gas, produced when gas, oil & solid fuel appliances are in operation. Greater amounts are produced if there is inadequate ventilation or oxygen for the appliance to use, or if the appliance is not working properly, perhaps due to poor installation, lack of regular servicing or a chimney/flue blockage.
CO can cause death or permanent injury to oxygen rich tissue such as the brain or heart.
CO poisoning is often confused with flu or cold symptoms or the effects of modern living.
How does the Uni-Com CO detector work?
If there is CO in the air, the sensitised spot on the detector will darken & progressively blacken as the level increases.
Position the detector on the wall close to & above the boiler/appliance using the adhesive pad on the back.
Enter the date the detector was removed form the protective plastic bag on the front of the detector & replace after 4 months.
Detects poisonouse Carbon Monoxide (CO) gas
Sensitised spot changes from orange to grey/black if carbon monoxide gas is detected
Position near gas, oil or solid fuel fired appliances or fuel driven engines